Snacks and Volunteering
If you would like to help out in class and/or provide a simple, healthy snack for 12 creative kids, please sign up below.
Volunteers: We love volunteers – no experience necessary. Your time and attention are your greatest assets.
Snacks: Please read labels carefully: known allergies include dairy, soy and nuts. We provide reusable cups, plates, bowls, and drinking water. Please keep snacks simple: 1-2 items only. Popcorn, tortilla chips and salsa, veggies and dip, or fruit, for example, have all been popular. Our last day is a party, and for that we usually ask a few families to collaborate on something special… See more snack guidelines below the form.
- Quick, simple snacks* with few or no choices(e.g. 1-2 items) work best.
- Please bring or send in enough snack for 12 or so kids
- Go green! We provide drinking water and reusable plates, cups and bowls – no need for juice or disposable items.
- We have a few students with allergies to nuts, dairy and soy. We follow Edison’s “No Nuts” policy, so please check all ingredient labels carefully and avoid anything containing nuts or nut oils, dairy or soy products.
- Unless you can be there, please provide a snack that doesn’t require preparation
- If you send the snack in with your child in the morning, please put it in a bag labeled “Publishing Snacks” and leave it in the office – and let us know it’s there!
- If you have questions, please ask us!