- Quick, simple snacks* with few or no choices(e.g. 1-2 items) work best.
- Please bring or send in enough snack for 12 or so kids
- Go green! We provide drinking water and reusable plates, cups and bowls.
- We have a few students with severe nut allergies and follow Edison’s “No Nuts” policy, so please check all ingredient labels carefully and avoid anything containing nuts or nut oils.
- Unless you can be there, please provide a snack that doesn’t require preparation
- If you send the snack in with your child in the morning, please put it in a bag labeled “Publishing Snacks” and leave it in the office – and let us know it’s there!
- For the Winter 2012 session, we will need two snack volunteers per week!
- If you have questions, please ask us!
Possible *nut-free* snacks include fruit, popcorn, goldfish crackers, muffins, crackers & cheese, bakery bread and butter, carrots and hummus, nut-free granola bars, mini bagels & cream cheese, etc., etc., etc. Of course, the kids won’t complain about the occasional plate of cookies…