1. If you made a steel thread as fine as spider silk, silk would be 3 times stronger!
2. Spiders are not insects.
3. Garden spiders get rid of annoying insects. They are helpers.
4. Did you know spiders shed? Yes, they do!
5. Tip: If you find a spider, don’t kill it, set if free.
6. Big spiders have fangs that point down.
7. A spider can live underwater by using a bell shaped web.
8. Just like starfish, spiders can grow a new leg if they lose one.
These facts came from my spider book, Amazing Spiders (Dorling Kindersley Eyewitness Junior Books).
If you have any questions or comments about spiders, please write to me in the comment area below or email me!