Volunteering and Visiting
Parents (grandparents, etc.!) are always welcome to visit our class or to volunteer – no experience necessary. We prefer if you let us know in advance, but drop-ins are always welcome.
Peers and siblings may accompany an adult visitor and stay as long as they are not disruptive, but please remind them that they are observers.
Volunteers and visitors are expected to follow the same common-sense guidelines as our students:
- keep conversations at a low volume
- anytime anyone addresses the whole group, stop what you’re doing, look and listen
- offer help or feedback, but only give it if it’s welcome
- if you have a question or aren’t sure what to do, ask!
- help with clean up at the end of our work time
If you don’t have time to come in for a visit, you can still help out in many ways:
- comment on our stories and work – the kids love the feedback
- help your child work on a story from home
- share our blog with friends and relatives
- submit an ad and support our scholarship fund
- send in a snack
- suggest a story or other project idea
Thanks so much for supporting our program!